It is well documented science, that in order that children develop into healthy, well adjusted adults, they need to be able to express love freely to both parents and feel loved by both parents. It is critical that both parents encourage and assist in developing a loving and stable relationship between the children and the other parent. Standing together as parents is even more important in cases of divorce, separation, trauma, and/or during turbulent family times.
That is why we support the work of a of co-operative shared parenting arrangement. In this arrangement both parents share in their children's welfare and upbringing, and in active responsibilities within the daily routines of their children's care and development. We believe that co-operative shared parenting can be made possible when parents follow a carefully designed program that is created and adapted for the unique needs of each family.
Are you ready to develop a professional co-parenting plan that works for your family?
Our coaching model includes parents enrolling in the Vital Connections course (Neufeld) and reading the Co-parenting Handbook (Bonnell). This course and handbook provides the foundation for the weekly sessions.
What you will learn from co-parent coaching.
1. Understanding the principles that many parents experience during this change- filled transition.
2. Keeping your children front and center while protecting them from adult conflict and concerns.
3. Identifying your children’s needs, feelings and adjustments.
4. Building a mutually respectful co- parenting relationship.
5. Supporting your children in building residency and competency in the face of family change.
6. Implementing practical strategies and protocols for day to day living in a two home family.
Attachment Based Parenting
Vital Connections On- line Course
* What makes a child easy to parent.
* How great capacity for a relationship is meant to develop.
* Why time outs and the silent treatment can backfire.
* How to use discipline that is attachment-safe and developmentally friendly, seven strategies for imposing order.